When preparing for a new HVAC system, it may help to answer these questions before visiting with any dealer. If you do not have the answers available, Tri-County can help you.
What are the Top Three Things you Want your new HVAC System to do?
Choose from these suggestions:
- Keep you comfortable
- Lower your energy bills
- Include a programmable and easy-to-use thermostat
- Allow you to zone (direct heating and cooling to specific rooms in your home)
- Qualify you for local or state utility rebates
- Have ENERGY STAR® qualification
- Reduce dust, pollen, mold or other asthma/allergy triggers
What About Indoor Air Quality?
Do you have small children, elderly family members or pets in your home? Do any of your family members suffer from allergies or asthma? Do you feel that your house is too moist or too dry? If you answered yes to any of these questions, indoor air quality is a topic you will want to discuss with your dealer.
Are Any Rooms too Hot or Cold?
You will want to talk with your dealer about a variable speed system or a zoning solution that might make a difference. You may discover your current ductwork is no longer appropriately sized.
How Efficient is my Current System?
Your system’s efficiency is determined by many factors, but to find out what your current system is you should look at the outside of your furnace, heat pump, air conditioner or air handler. The SEER and AFUE ratings are usually indicated somewhere on the outside.
Additional Questions to Consider.
To get the system that’s perfect for you, be sure to bring up these questions when consulting with your air conditioning professional.
- Based on the size of my home, should I be concerned about high-efficiency equipment or comfort features like variable speed? If I prefer comfort over efficiency, what should I be looking for?
- Will you perform a load calculation?
- What are all of the advantages of replacing equipment instead of repairing it?
- What are the advantages and costs associated with replacing the entire HVAC system, not just the broken furnace or air conditioner?
- Do you know if there are utility rebates that I could qualify for?
- Do you provide financing?
- Do you have special service or maintenance plans?